09 Apr PART TIME PAYROLL ADMINISTRATOR & BOOKKEEPER
VACANCY – PART TIME PAYROLL ADMINISTRATOR & BOOKKEEPER
About the Company
Scullard Chartered Accountants are an independent, forward thinking and rapidly growing firm of Chartered Accountants based in Altrincham. We are committed to providing outstanding service to our clients using the latest cloud and mobile technologies.
The key to our success lies in our people. Our culture is one that empowers individuals with responsibility at an early stage. We also place great emphasis on training and development. The working environment is fun but intense, with everybody working together as a team to deliver great service to our clients.
Due to our continued growth we have an opening for a part time Payroll Administrator & Bookkeeper to join our team.
The role will report into the Managing Director. You will also work closely with our Client Manager and Associates.
Responsibilities will include:
- Processing client payrolls on a weekly and monthly basis
- Auto enrolment pension administration
- Calculating payroll deductions and statutory payments
- Dealing with payroll queries from clients
- Preparing sole trader accounts
- Preparing limited company accounts to final TB (or to completion depending on experience)
- Supporting other team members with preparing accounts & VAT returns
- Various administrative tasks
Experience of processing payroll and bookkeeping is required. Ideally you will have experience of a similar role within an accountancy practice although this is not essential. You must have experience of using payroll software.
Other key skills and behaviours include:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Positive attitude
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to manage workloads and multiple tasks
- Have a ‘can do’ attitude
This is a part time role (20-25 hours per week). How these hours are made up is flexible and can be tailored to meet the successful candidate’s requirements.
There is a competitive starting salary of £18,000 – £22,000 pro rata, depending on experience.
You will receive 20 days annual leave (pro rata) plus bank holidays. You will also receive an additional day of annual leave on your birthday. We believe no-one should have to work on their birthday!
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking for a flexible role within a fast moving and progressive accountancy practice. We expect you will become a key member of our team and a vital part of our continued growth and success.
If you wish to apply for the role please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com by 17.00 on Friday 26 April. In your application please include the following:
- Why this role is of interest
- What you can add to our team and why we should hire you
Interviews will be held at our office at 197-201 Manchester Road, West Timperley, Altrincham, WA14 5NU. If we wish to invite you to an interview we will inform you by email or telephone.